Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Exploring the Still Life


After a 3 day workshop with Qiang Huang, I have begun my exploring the Still Life studio study.  Qiang is one artist that I greatly admire and I feel priviledged to have taken a workshop from him.
I learned a lot during this workshop about staging a still life with objects and lighting.  I am very excited to see where my exploration in still life with lead my art.
Thanks, Qiang Huang for sharing your knowledge and talent with other artists.

Tea Pot and Ginger Jar

 9x12 oil on linen

 

 

Three paintings I started in the workshop.



A Small Yellow Jug

 8x10 oil on linen

 

Apple and Brass

 9x12 oil on linen

Qiang Huang Demo

 

A Small Green Jug

 8x10 oil on linen

 

 

 My easel and lighting setup in my studio.

Have a few improvements to make, but it is getting there.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment