Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Set Up For Daily Paintings

 
From my last couple of post, you know I have been looking forward to being a guest artist at an event in the Woodlands, Texas.  I have all those paintings (12 of them) ready to load and drive to Houston in a couple of weeks. I will also be giving a demo during the show.  So I have started a couple of paintings to demo with.

During all that work,  I also made a commitment to myself to do a painting a day.  Painting everyday is a real
challenge for me. I first thought I could paint a 5x7 in an hour or two.  That should be pretty easy to work in.
But I find that I really want this to be a challenge in more ways that just putting down a simple object.  I want to challenge myself to go beyond what I have been doing.  I want to develop my work with color, value and composition.  That takes planning,  a good place to set up, proper lighting, and time to complete in one setting.

I decided that I would work from images from my computer screen.  Now I do love working from a live setup, over photos.  But working from the computer screen is the next best thing.  And since I was using my easel area in the studio for the large paintings for the show as well as a couple of pet portraits,  then this was my next best solution.  I am loving the setup. I can work for a while, leave it to go take care of other things and come back with the same lighting.  I set up my still life and take several shots.  I can also play with the composition more this way. It is working out well for me. And as you can see,  I have a beautiful view out the windows as I work.

 You can see my daily paintings by visiting my gallery page on Daily Paint Works 
or my Liking my page on Facebook.


 
My little daily painting workspace.


  



 Room for the larger paintings.

Some of the paintings that are going to Houston area exhibit.


These Two Daily Paintings Have Been Sold on DPW
And some are included in the DPW auction.





No comments:

Post a Comment