Monday, May 9, 2011

How I started my art journals


Page from one of my sketchbooks/journals.


Here is a website about journaling.  I got some great ideas and inspiration from Aisling's Personal Art Journals.  So I wanted to share it with all of you who might be interested in creating exciting journals for your thoughts, creative ideas or just for getting at all that stuff that swims around in your head.
I now have a cleared idea of how to utilize that collection of pretty, yet empty journals on my book shelf.

Would love to hear some of your ideas on journaling.  When do you write?  Why do you write? and  do you share any of it or keep some secret?
Let me know in the comments section.

How I started my art journals
Excerpt:
Generally, I have a couple of journals going. From 1999 - 2001, when I was approaching my divorce, I kept an angry one that no one will ever see. It's unattractive, but it kept me from venting too inappropriately sometimes. Pain and rage were scribbled on its pages. I was processing a lot of anguish.
If I see a time in my life that is unique or compartmentalized--a journey, or time alone, or a very intense teaching schedule or something like that--I'll create a journal just for that theme alone.
Then there's my everyday journal. It's at hand for my random thoughts, sketches, bits of paper & receipts, and collages. Sometimes it has a theme, but usually it's just my everyday journal. The theme may seem obvious later.


excerpt:

No comments:

Post a Comment