Sunday, July 26, 2009

Summer Newslettters Have Been Sent

My Summer 2009 newsletter has been sent out. If you would like to begin receiving my Studio Newsletters, you can sign up here on my blog. Just click the click on the top left. There is a free gift for newsletter subscribers.


News From the Studio of

Judy Wilder-Dalton


July 2009

Summer Series
The summer has been filled with a busy schedule and not much time for travel. So I created a journey of my own, right at the easel. Using my own symbols and colors, I painted a series of paintings that represent to me, different countries and cultures. Here are a few of them for you to see. Also in the series is Mexico, Japan, and Greece. Mary at the Winnsboro Gallery has two of them available, Japan, and China. The others can be seen here at the studio, or online at www.wilderartstudio.

Journey Series

Journey Africa

Journey Tahiti

Journey India

Journey China


23rd World Wide SketchCrawl July 11
SketchCrawl a World Wide event: having people from different corners of the world
join in a day of sketching and journaling and then, thanks to the Internet, having everyone share the results on an online forum.
I went on my first official
sketchcrawl , and I am excited to say that I scheduled to do it again in August 8. We have gone out and found people, nature, and day to day life to sketch. The official world wide is posted on the internet, usually about every three months. But a group of artist in the Tyler area has formed and plan to go each month. We will post our sketches on the internet site during the official sketchcrawl. It should be fun as well as a great way to keep the drawing habit sharpened. Please come join in the fun if you get a chance. Just let me know you are interested and will keep you updated as each event gets nearer.


I was invited to judge an art show at the Henderson County Art League, in Athens, Texas. There was a variety of artist from beginners to professional. Congratulations to all of you, it was an impressive show.



DEMONSTRATION with "New" Acrylics

I will be giving a demo at the Mineola League of the Arts
on August 24, Monday at 2:00pm
I will be showing how to use
a new
type of acrylic paint called interactive/open acrylics and plan
to paint a still life on canvas.

Don't miss it - It will be loads of fun - these acrylics are GREAT!

Mineola League of the Arts, 200 West Blair St., Mineola, TX 75773

Phone and Fax: 903-569-8877 Email: mlota@sbcglobal.net


Classes and Workshop

Here are a couple of scheduled classes that I am giving so far.


If you or anyone you know wants to learn to paint or improve your skills, or just have a fun enjoyable time,

this is class is for you.



Please contact me if your art league or group would like to schedule a workshop or class.

Mineola League of the Arts
visit the league website for more information

or call 903.569.8877

Still Life & Landscapes in
Oil or Acrylic Part I
October 3 to 24 (Saturday afternoons)
Members $80 for 4 week
class
Non-Members $90 for 4 week class


Still Life & Landscapes in Oil or Acrylic Part II

November 14 to Dec 5 (Saturday afternoons)
Members $80 for 4 week
class
Non-Members $90 for 4 week class



Artist in Residence, Mineola League of the Arts, Mineola, Texas
I will be servings as Artist in Residence and Vice President
of the Mineola League of the Arts for 2009/2010.
Please come and join us, there is something for everyone.
Follow the link above for more details.


Abstract Expressionism in Water-media
by Judy Wilder-Dalton
Exhibit

November 2 to December 3, 2009

Reception November 2 at 2:45 pm
Whatley Art Center
Northeast Texas Community College
Mount Pleasant, TX 75456



Add the date to your calendar so it won't pass you by. Would love to see you there.





















2 comments:

  1. Hi Judy, I love the latest paintings. You haven't posted any of them on fb. Glad to see you have been busy at your easel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I have been busy painting and getting some work ready for a solo show at Northeast Texas Community College this fall.

    ReplyDelete