Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Abstract Landscpes using open acrylics

Cedars by Judy Wilder

11x14
stretched canvas
$157















Hillside by Judy Wilder
12x16
canvas panel
$197
Posted by Picasa

I am proud to show these two new works. It took a couple of painting weeks to find my desired effect with the open acrylics. I am pleased with the palette colors, which I matched to my favorite oil colors. My preference of substrates is a highly textured canvas. I am also working with the open acrylics on watercolor paper that I have added lots of texture.
Trying new products and switching mediums and substrates is a great way to expand your creativity. I can really say I am truly excited about it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Judy, I love what you're doing with the Golden Open. I have been using them on my latest work.

    ReplyDelete