Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Golden Open Acrylics and Chroma Interactive Acrylics

I have been working with a new medium, the open/interactive acrylics. Both Golden and Chroma. They are both great products, and I can't say that I prefer one brand over the other.
The new open acrylics have extended working time, making it possible to handle more like oil paints.
Below are a couple of the paintings I finished in the last couple of weeks.







Abstract Landscape
acrylic
11x14 on canvas
Judy Wilder

In this abstract, I handled the paint as I would have with oil paint. It worked well as long as I painted fairly quickly. This one was paint directly from the tube with no medium added.









Golden
acrylic
22x28 canvas
Judy Wilder

This one I handed much more like I do with acrylics on watercolor paper. A little glazing, and then opaque added.


The open acrylics are quite versatile and adaptable to the way you choose to handle them.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love all of these paintings. Great work Judy.

    ReplyDelete