Sunday, December 28, 2008

Work for the New Year


Bohemian Moondance
Watermedia on Paper

For the past couple of years, I have been painting in a free and exciting way using color and design as my subject. These works have been fun, and have been accepted in many exhibits. I have been and still am giving some workshops in this technique, with the emphasis on learning how to paint a good abstract design.
My first love in art was with the portrait and figure, both people and animals. That is surfacing again, as I have been studying sculpture for the past year. I believe my work will take a new direction this year. It will be so exciting to see what comes from the combination of this colorful and exhilarating style and the gesture and expression of people and animals.



My Grandkids Evan, Hunter, and Cora



There are plenty of subjects to paint and sculpt around our place.
These are my two horses, Gypsy and Doc.





No comments:

Post a Comment